Equity ensures that fair and inclusive education is available to students so that their diverse learning needs, personal situation and/or social circumstances are not an obstacle to achieving their educational potential.
- Each student is engaged in meaningful learning that is appropriate to his or her abilities that takes place in the most enabling environment.
- Each staff member has the ability to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- Each student is able to access the supports and services they need to achieve success.
- Examine support systems that are available for students.
- Expand use of learner profiles.
- Collaborate with community support services to provide appropriate services for students and staff.
- Develop and practice a universal approach to intervention for students with diverse needs.
- Review the model for student support services.
- Develop school profiles to inform the allocation model.
- Survey results specific to equity and inclusion for all students. (RDP)
- Percentage of students impacted by the LAT model. (RDP)
- Percentage of staff engaged with the LAT. (RDP)
- Number of teachers self-reporting they incorporate strategies to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students in their classrooms. (RDP)
- Overall agreement that students are safe at school, learning the importance of caring. (AE)