First Nations Métis & Inuit Learning Services
- Best Practices - Including First Nations, Métis and Inuit in the Curriculum (Bruce-Grey Catholic School District)
- Elders: Elder Wisdom in the Classroom
- ATA Workshop - Education for Reconciliation: Understanding the Legacy of Residential Schools (page 12)
- ATA Workshop - Understanding Histories, Cultures and Worldviews of First Nations, Métis and Inuit in Alberta (page 12)
- Walking Together: First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Perspectives in Curriculum
National Aboriginal Day Conference & Powwow, June 21 & 22
National Aboriginal Day Conference and Powwow!
Professional Learning Resources
First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning Services offers professional learning opportunities for staff members of Red Deer Public Schools.
Presentations or workshops we offer are listed below. For more detail on the presentations or workshops, please click on the link.
To book a presentation or workshop, please contact First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning Services by phone or email.
Email: Brian.St.Germain@rdpsd.ab.ca or Hayley.Christen@rdpsd.ab.ca
PRESENTATIONS/WORKSHOPS from First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning Services
To book a workshop or arrange a presentation, please contact Professional Development, telephone1-800-232-7208 (toll free in Alberta) or 780-447-9485 (Edmonton area) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please book at least six weeks in advance. The Alberta Teachers’ Association charges a nominal inclusive fee of $100 plus GST for each session.
RECOMMENDED READS - click on the book title for a link to a review of the book. Some of these books may be available at FNMI Learning Services for staff members to borrow.
Broken Circle The Dark Legacy of Indian Residential Schools: A Memoir by Theodore Fontane
In This Together: Fifteen Stories of Truth and Reconciliation by Daniel Metcalfe-Chenail
Peace Pipe Dreams: The Truth about Lies about Indians by Darrell Dennis
The Reason You Walk: A Memoir by Wab Kinew
Speaking My Truth: Reflections on Reconciliation & Residential Schools, Anthology of selected readings