Student Code of Conduct
In accordance with the provisions of the School Act and School Board Policy, students in the Red Deer Public Schools are expected to:
- Demonstrate their commitment to maintaining a safe and caring school.
- Demonstrate desirable personal characteristics such as respect, responsibility, fairness, honesty, caring, loyalty and commitment to democratic ideals.
- Be diligent in pursuing their studies.
- Attend school regularly and punctually.
- Cooperate fully with everyone authorized by the Board to provide education programs and other services.
- Comply with the rules of the school.
- Account to their teachers for their conduct.
- Respect the rights of others.
In so doing, students are expected to promote and maintain a climate that is free of:
- Illegal substances
- Obscene or profane language
- Prejudicial behaviour
Student conduct that violates the expectations listed above, or that adversely affects a school’s climate or operation, including disruption of the learning environment, shall be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct, warranting appropriate forms of intervention that may include suspension or expulsion from a particular school, instructional program, school activity or transportation service.