Superintendent of Schools
As Superintendent, Mr. Erickson is responsible for supporting the Board of Trustees in all of its functions. He provides leadership to District staff in the provision of excellent programming for all students in Red Deer Public Schools.
- Support the Board of Trustees in its governance function
- Has responsibility for carrying out the educational objectives, priorities and policies of the Board of Trustees
- Provides leadership in educational administration and instructional programming to the Board of Trustees and to Red Deer Public Schools
- Determining present and future educational needs of the District and developing short and long-term plans for meeting those needs
- Coordinating and integrating educational programs, physical facilities and financial and human resources with the District