Learning & Technology Policy Framework Initiatives
The Red Deer Public School District Educational Technology department is a diverse network of educators, administrators, IT professionals and students who:
- support educators and learners in meeting all areas of the Alberta Education Learning & Technology Framework
- research, model, promote, apply, evaluate, and publish digital teaching and learning resources to improve and enhance learning
- design and develop imaginative student-centred learning environments
- empower learners to be evolving ethical digital citizens who understand the implications of technology in today's society, and prepare them to live and work in a global community
- forge connections between research, policy, and practice in educational technology
Support teachers and learners in meeting all areas of the Alberta Education Learning & Technology Policy Framework.
- Student-Centred Learning: Technology is used to support student-centred, personalized, authentic learning for all students.
- Research & Innovation: Teachers, administrators and other education professionals read, review, participate in, share and apply research and evidence-based practices to sustain and advance innovation in education.
- Professional Learning: Teachers, administrators and other education professionals develop, maintain and apply the knowledge, skills and attributes that enable them to use technology effectively, efficiently and innovatively in support of learning and teaching.
- Leadership: Education leaders establish policy and governance structures, cultivate innovation and build capacity within the system to leverage technology in support of student-centred learning and system efficiencies.
- Access, Infrastructure & Digital Learning Environments: All students, teachers, administrators and other education professionals have access to appropriate devices, reliable infrastructure, high-speed networks and digital learning environments.
We have a responsibility to empower learners to be evolving ethical digital citizens who understand the implications of technology in today's society, and prepare them to live, learn and work in a global community.
Strategic goals of the program:
- Implement and support the Learning and Technology Policy Framework (LTPF) and Inspiring Education vision for technology in Red Deer Public Schools.
- Develop technology literacy in teachers so to aid them in developing learner-centred environments
- Create and share new knowledge through digital publications
- Develop common district technology practices
- Build educational technology capacity and leadership in every RDPSD school.
- Develop a district-wide digital citizenship curriculum.
Expected outcomes for EdTech Cohort teachers after three years:
- Lead an educational technology leadership team at each school (comprised of cohort, tech contacts, teacher librarians, administrators, etc. as determined by needs at school), thus increasing Ed Tech presence in the district.
- Create a professional learning community across grade levels and subject-specific areas to foster collaboration between teachers. This teacher will also lead professional development at the district-level.
- Implement the LTPF and Inspiring Education visions for the 21st century and learner-centered learning environment.
- REdTech Program Commitment
- REdTech 3 Year Layout