Soccer Academy Teacher
Patrick Sweiger Soccer Academy Teacher
Growing up in Red Deer, Patrick was determined to be the best version of himself, as a person and as a soccer player. He is passionate about encouraging and role modeling a healthy, mindful lifestyle.
Patrick began his teaching career with Red Deer Public Schools in 2021, and is a Provincial C License Coach with 14 years of coaching experience. He is a firm believer that building strong relationships with those around him is the foundation for effective growth and learning. His experience teaching in schools, coaching on the soccer field, and running summer camps has made him realize that he is happiest when working with youth. His core values include fostering connection, growth and health, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
Patrick has an extensive soccer career including playing at the provincial level, captaining many teams such as the RDC Kings and playing for the University of Lethbridge Pronghorns. This experience has instilled a passion for growth, leadership and teamwork in Patrick that he intends to pass on to his students.
- Bachelor of Education, University of Alberta/Red Deer College
- 3 Years Kinesiology, Red Deer College/University of Lethbridge
- 1 Year Psychology, Red Deer College
- Elementary School Teacher - Red Deer Public Schools
- Substitute Teacher - Red Deer Public Schools
- RDC Kings Soccer
- University of Lethbridge Pronghorns
- Head Coach and Technical Coach - SC Central Alberta & The DOME Red Deer
- Head Coach and Technical Coach - Red Deer Renegades Soccer Club
- Head Coach - Alberta Summer Games
- Assistant Coach - Red Deer Women’s Alberta Major Soccer League
The Soccer Academy includes The DOME delivering a program tailored to soccer development, which will progress following their five pillars of athletic development. There will be three distinct grade groups that receive instruction at different times of the day. Patrick will be responsible for the evaluation of curricular objectives of the courses that the students are enrolled in. Where and when feasible, he will help facilitate and teach during Academy times.
The DOME will provide the facility, equipment, and instructor(s) to facilitate and run each Academy session. The DOME will provide the following staffing levels:
- Grade 6 - 2 Soccer coaches
- Grade 7/8 - 2 Soccer coaches
- High School - 2 Soccer coaches
The number and duration of the sessions for each grade group are as follows:
- Grade 6 - 84 - 60 minute sessions
- Grades 7/8 - 84 - 60 minute sessions
- High School - 141 - 90 minute sessions